H.M. Prison, in Longport street, erected in 1808, was formerly the house of correction for East Kent' since the transfer of prisons to the Government in 1878, it has been greatly enlarged and will now hold 199 males and 18 females. Near it is the Sessions House, a building of the doric order, also erected in 1808.

1903 - H.M. Prison, St. Augustine's - Captain T.C. Holland - Governor


© T. Machado 2007