~ KENT WESLEYAN COLLEGE ~
ST. THOMAS'S HILL, CANTERBURY
Kent College, Canterbury
July 1888 - Kent College, Canterbury. For Boys.
Head-Master. James DEAVILLE, Esq., B.A.
The Kentish Observer
Thursday, February 1, 1894
At the recent examination in connection with the College of Preceptors, the following students at the Kent Wesleyan College, Canterbury, were successful: Second Class: 1st Division, W. C. H. POWELL, C. H. LEE; 2nd Division, J. W. BARNICOTT, A.J. NASH; 3rd Division, A. H. RUGG, C. ROBERTS, Third Class: 1st Division, C. G. RIDDETT, W. PARRINDER, J.F. ATKINSON, R. BARBER, W. S. LEE, G. H. CHARTER; 2nd Division, W. O. ROBERTS, T. H. BOWLER, W. E. EDDELS, W.G. STOKES, F. R. DARRCOTT, W. RUGLYS, H. RICHARDSON, G. B. NORRIS; 3rd Division, J. O. A. PENMAN, A. H. WALTERS.
KENT COLLEGE (Boys)
St. Thomas' Hill, Canterbury
Headmaster: Frank M. Facer, B.A.
Assisted by Six Resident and Four Visiting Teachers
Fees: - Day Scholars - including Drill, Stationery and use of Books....£3 3s per term.
Boarders (inclusive) from £14 per term
Weekly Boarders from £11 per term
KENT COLLEGE (Girls)
Headmistress: Miss C. E. Brunyate, M.A.
(Mathematical Tripos Cambridge)
For illustrated prospectuses and particulars of these well-known Schools and of their successes in Public Examinations apply to the Principals.
Wesleyan College, Canterbury. Architect Charles Bell, The Building News, July 31, 1885, showing a drawing of the building and floor plans
Was established in 1886, at a cost of £14,000, by the Kent Wesleyan Methodist School Association Limited, and is under the management of a board of 12 directors, of which John Stainer Esq. J.P. is chairman and A. Atkinson Esq. secretary.
The building is of red brick with Bath stone facings from designs by Mr. Charles Bell, architect, of London, and is available for 120 boarders; Frank M. Facer B.A., assisted by competent staff.
Sent March 8th, 1906 to Miss Stella Keen 46 Beacon Road, Herne Bay from Canterbury
A middle-class Boarding School, with accommodation for 120 Boys, established in 1884, by the Kent Wesleyan Methodist School Association, Ltd. It places within easy reach of the inhabitants of London and the South Eastern District facilities for obtaining a sound and practical education, under fully competent masters and at a moderate scale of fees.
Kent College, Canterbury - Entrance Hall, what you see beyond those doors is the Dining Hall, the Dormitories were upstairs on the left
Kent College, Canterbury - Playing Fields
Kent College, Canterbury - Playing Fields (details from above)
The College is situated at an elevation of 200 feet, in open country, a mile from Canterbury, in the vicinity of extensive woodlands. It stands in its own grounds of about seven acres, which include: two excellent playing fields, an asphalted playground, fives courts, gymnasium, carpenters' shop, &c. The school is well equipped and the building is heated throughout. A fully illustrated prospectus and further details may be had from the Headmaster.
Kent College, Canterbury - School Hall
Headmaster: Frank M. Facer, B.A. (Lond.), assisted by seven Resident and five Non-Resident Masters. *Married Emily Jane Bush, 1894 Stratford Upon Avon.
Mary A. Hicks
Alexander James Nursaham
Clara E. Hooks
Percy Alfred Scholes
1903 - Frank Morris Facer, B.A. Headmaster
Kent College, Canterbury - Physics Laboratory
Frank M. Facer was Headmaster from 1897 to 1911. http://www.occ-online.org.uk/links/Memorial%20Book/Frank_Morris_Facer.htm
1911 to 1929 - Kent College, St. Thomas's Hill; Alfred Brownscombe, M.A.
John Thomas Hargreaves
Kent College, Canterbury - Library
© T. Machado 2007