Erected 1880-81

WT&HBH - Saturday, July 2, 1898 - St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church. On Sunday next the anniversary services in connection with the laying of the foundation stone of the church and the settlement of the Rev. J. Patterson as minister, will be held, and the Rev. J. R. Patterson of Dulwich, will be the preacher. In the evening the service will be of a specially musical character.

The church was demolished in 1973 to make way for a project that was never begun.

From an old Canterbury Book "The Ancient City of Canterbury"


"A new Presbyterian church, in the later Early English style was built in 1880-81, it was erected by subscription, at a cost of 5,000 pounds and is constructed of red brick with Bath stone dressings and will seat 550 persons; the church was opened on 21st and 24th July, 1881, by the Rev. Donald Fraser D.D. and Rev. John Kinnear D.D.; architect, J.G. Hall esq. Assoc. Mem. Inst. C.E. Canterbury; minister, Rev. J.E. Henry M.A. of Queen's college, Dublin."

Kelly's Directory of Kent, 1882


1882 - Rev. John Edgar Henry M.A. Hours of Service; 10:30 am 6:30 pm; tues. & thurs. 7 pm.


© T. Machado 2007