~ ST. GILES CHURCH ~
The Parish Registers of St. Giles, Kingston, Baptisms 1558 - 1812. Marraiges 1558 - 1837. Burials 1558 - 1812. Prefaced by a list of the rectors of the parish, supplemented by the monumental inscriptions in the church and churchyard, by Christopher Hales Wilkie, published 1893 by J. G. Bishop (50 copies only)
St. Giles Church
Mixed 1558 - 1746
Mixed 1744 - 1812
Marriages 1754 - 1812
Marriages 1813 - 1837
Baptisms 1813 - 1908
Transcripts in the Diocesan Registry begin 1561
Churchwardens accounts - 1819 - 1877
Waywardens accounts - 1855 - 1859
Vestry Minute Books 1819 - 1854 & 1854
Inventory of Church Goods
Deeds, some relating to Payler's Charity.
Miscellaneous. Rector's Tithe Account Books 1771 - 1801
St. Giles Church & graveyard
Kingston, the brooch sign *this brooch was found in 1771 by Reverend Bryan Faussett
The Reverend had his notebook called Inventorium Sepulchrale: an Account of Some Antiquities dug up at Gilton, Kingston, Sibertswold, Barfriston, Beakesbourne, Chartham, and Crundale, in the county of Kent, from AD 1757 to AD 1773, published in 1855 by Charles Roach Smith
One of these Roman camps occupies the slope of the hill opposite Kingston Church, and thence to the westward continues a line of similar military posts, while another line branches to the eastward from Denne Hill. The tumuli in this vicinity were opened by Bryan Fausset, and their contents are included in the collection known by the name of that perserving archaeologist.
Kingstone Church has a chancel, a nave, a square western tower, and is dedicated to St. Giles. A monument in the chancel commemorates John Netersole, d. 1546, and there are also memorials to Robert Deune, d. 1594, and John Haslyn, d. 1600.
The advowson of the rectory, valued at £500 yearly, is in the gift of Sir Brook Bridges.
Blacks Guide to Kent 1874
The church porch
Kingston churchyard, private gateway
© T. Machado 2007